Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Preachers in the Woodshed

I told one of my sons that the band was woodshedding yesterday, and he wondered what in the heck that meant.

We were practicing, of course.  Here's a photo of the Preachers' woodshed, a small practice room located at Metropolitan Music in Seattle's Maple Leaf neighborhood.  I was just leaving and the Machete hadn't showed up yet with his snare drum.


Left to right: Tim, Steve, and Patty.

We worked on several originals, including "The Boneyard Preacher," Hard To Kill," "Spooky Kate," and a Pee Wee Crayton tune by the name of  "Do Unto Others." 

I had to leave early so that I could take the Dynamic Duo and some of their friends to a skating party.  They turn 15 years-old tomorrow.  Time is flying by, my friends.

Our next gig is at the Yuppie Tavern in Kirkland.  It will be our first time at this venue, so we hope to see you there.

You can check out the Preachers here.  See you at the nightclub!

No comments: