Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Orleans Creole Restaurant - 1/19 Gig


As I mentioned yesterday, the Preachers will be playing at the New Orleans Creole Restaurant this coming Saturday, January 19th.  I dropped in there last night to put up some posters and watched the Joseph Barton Trio play a few songs.  WBS award-winning harp blower Jeff Herzog was sitting with the band for a few tunes when I arrived.  I can't say that I know much about guitarist Barton, except that I have seen him playing a couple of times at the Salmon Bay Eagles in Ballard, always with a trio.

The good news is that there were some people at the club dancing, drinking and eating.  There was no cover charge last night, but if you come out to see the Preachers next Saturday, there will be a five dollar cover.  The band pay at the New Orleans has been reduced so low, that we are going to try this one gig with the cover to see how it goes. 

This club is really struggling and needs all of our support.  Five bucks ain't gonna kill ya!

So, see you at the nightclub, right?!

No comments: