Monday, February 05, 2007

Some random shots for ya'll...

Salmon Bay Eagles Club

I was playing with Huckleberry Hound & the Double-Wides (yours truly on harp and vocals, John Stephan on guitar and vocals, Charlene Grant on bass and vocals, and Kirk "KT" Tuttle on drums) on a rare Saturday night gig at the Salmon Bay Eagles last month, when several friends showed up towards the end of the night. We got 'em up to jam, of course, and the resulting combo shown below sounded pretty damn good! Man, I haven't seen Brian Butler for ages.

Left to right: Mark Dufresne, Brian Butler, Kirk Tuttle, John Gulla, and Charlene Grant

KT and I ran down to the Eagles again last Thursday to see a rare appearance by David Brewer (below) & the Intimidators. It was Ellen Harp's birthday, so there were some folks there for the party, plus several Brewer fans that I hadn't seen out and about for a while.

The Intimidators were sounding good! The band this evening featured long-time bassist Bill Freckleton, plus Ron "Deacon" Weinstein on Hammond B-3, and Chris Leighton on drums. David told me after the gig that, due to the medications he's taking for a heart condition, he wasn't feeling that great at the gig. I dunno - he sounded fine to me.

Left to right: Ron Weinstein, Bill Freckleton, Chris Leighton, and David Brewer


Acme amp

I had to take a photo of David's mysterious "Acme" brand guitar amplifier. So that's how he gets that supersonic sound...

See you at the nightclub!

No comments: