Wednesday, July 19, 2006

And now, a word from Mr. Brewer.

By David Brewer (below, somewhere in Finland)

Hey Kids,

I just got back from my gig in Finland, and now it's on to Paris for 15 days then Norway, Sweden, Amsterdam, and Berlin. I'll be back in Seattle in October to do Tim Sherman's "Northwest Guitar Monsters" show at the Highway 99 Blues club.

I hope everybody's OK with me representing Seattle blues, me not being a WBS Hall of Famer and all, but deal with it, cause this will be my fouth time in Europe as Seattle's Blues Ambassador. They like the big Indian from the USA - whiskey by the pint, Albert Collins loud, irreverent attitude and all. I'll try and do a travelogue when I return if anyone want's to read it. I'm always on the lookout for Rick Steves when I'm over there 'cause I hear he's always got some good bud, but as of yet I haven't been able to find him.

I did run into John Lee yesterday in the same place I always run into him - on the mean streets of Greenwood, my home town. We had a nice grumble session on the side of the road as we watched several local business owners washing and painting this week's mass of graffiti off their establishments. He said come on down to the Highway 99 and eat some of his pub grub...or else!!

More later - remember it's "better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not..."

And oblige, Brewer.

Note: Rumor has it that David is working on a deal to release some live recordings of his band playing at the Owl Cafe in the '80s, including some other live stuff with the late great Albert Collins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the old owl inn , Boy , david & all let the good times roll .I hung out there in the early 90"s . I think when patrick owned the place . Scary i can"t hardly retain much of that. THANkS,Monty

Anonymous said...

that's right...and he took me in when i was homeless...and i even got to play a little bass with him at the Fremont Tavern,Center of the Known Universe!... with K.T. and Abernathy...what a BLAST!..Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Wow David Its great to see you still playing the blues!!! I seen you play many's of times at the old Head Quarters smoked a few joints with ya to back in the days I miss that place we really had some good times in that place and Barbra was always a good host!! See you at the SeaFood Fest!!

Anonymous said...

Hey David, The world loves you! No one loves you more than we do here in the Northwest! We can't wait to dance with you and your entourage on the 22nd of Feb. We love ya man. As always the Blues are alive in our hearts!!!!See Ya soon Uncle David!!!